TIPS FOR CUTTING PLASTIC WASTE
• Switch to natural cleaners. Alternatives to laundry detergents such as soap nuts (a fruit with soap-like properties) and all-natural bar soaps are not only free of harmful chemicals, but they also do not come with plastic packaging.
• Go digital. Switch to online mailing lists, bills as well as bank and insurance statements to avoid paper waste and envelopes with plastic that always end up in the bin.
• Buy loose-leaf tea. Most teabags sold by major companies contain some plastic and are not completely biodegradable.
• Opt for pre-loved items. Be it furniture, clothes, decorations or appliances, buying second-hand products is the easiest way to reduce waste.
• Say no to plastic bags. Reusable bags can be folded into small, neat packages and taken everywhere, so you will never be caught in a shopping situation without an eco-friendly carrier.