'Nasty' women swarm in support of Hillary Clinton after Donald Trump insult
Suddenly, it seems America is crawling with nasty women.
Female unpleasantness as a tongue-in-cheek rallying cry is on T-shirts, in memes and in tweets galore - a furious backlash mocking Donald Trump's latest insult of Hillary Clinton.
Trump's dis - "such a nasty woman" - came during one of his interruptions of his Democratic rival in Wednesday's final presidential debate.
Social media lit up as women came to Clinton's defence. T-shirts emblazoned "Nasty Woman" went up for sale on e-commerce website Etsy. Trending were #ImANastyWoman, #ImANastyWomanBecause, #NastyWomenVote and #NastyWomanUnite.
New Trump accuser said he groped her at 1998 tennis event
Another woman came forward claiming that Donald Trump groped her and made inappropriate sexual remarks, adding to accusations of nine other women that have emerged in the past days.
Karena Virginia, 45, a New York-area yoga instructor, said at a news conference that she was assaulted by the celebrity billionaire and Republican presidential nominee at the 1998 US Open tennis tournament.
Virginia, reading from a written statement, said that Trump pointed at her to other men and said “’hey, look at this one. We haven’t seen this one before. Look at those legs’ as if I was an object rather than a person.”
Virginia, who was 27 at the time, said that Trump grabbed her by the arm and touched her breast. “’Don’t you know who I am, don’t you know who I am?’ he said,” according to Virginia’s statement.
Pentagon chief vows 'overwhelming' response to any North Korea nuke use
Pentagon chief Ashton Carter again threatened an “overwhelming” response if North Korea uses a nuclear weapon, reflecting heightened tensions after Pyongyang conducted another missile test.
Earlier in the day, North Korea had conducted a failed test – its second in a week – of a powerful medium-range missile that experts warn could be deployed as early as next year.
“Make no mistake: Any attack on America or our allies will not only be defeated, but any use of nuclear weapons will be met with an overwhelming and effective response,” said Carter.
Tennis: Rafael Nadal ends his 2016 season
Former world number one and 14-time Grand Slam title winner Rafael Nadal shut down his season to concentrate instead on recovering full fitness for a fresh trophy assault in 2017.
The 30-year-old has been plagued by physical problems and has now gone through a second successive campaign without adding to his majors collection.
“It is no secret that I arrived to the Olympic Games short of preparation and not fully recovered, but the goal was to compete and win a medal for Spain. This forced recovery has caused me pain since then and now I am forced to stop and start preparing the 2017 season,” Nadal wrote on Facebook.
Football: Luis Suarez picks up Golden Shoe after prolific last season
Barcelona's Uruguayan star Luis Suarez collected the Golden Shoe award for the leading scorer in Europe last season and admitted he never imagined being the most prolific member of such a star-studded attack.
The former Liverpool striker, who moved to the Camp Nou in 2014, scored a remarkable 40 goals in La Liga last season as Luis Enrique's side edged out Real Madrid to take the title.
That tally allowed him to pip Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, scorer of a Serie A record 36 goals for Napoli, to the award. Cristiano Ronaldo was third with 35 goals for Real.