Money Hacks Ep 41 (Season 3): Real estate tips - Getting ready to buy or sell your HDB property
Synopsis: In this podcast series every Monday, The Straits Times and The Business Times break down actionable financial tips.
We host sisters Rhonda and Race Wong - the co-founders of Ohmyhome, which aims to make housing transactions in Singapore simple, fast and affordable.
They explain the steps to take and mindset you need to have, if you are ready to sell or buy a Housing Board flat:
1. Do you want to engage a property agent or do everything yourself within your set time frame?
2. Family members selling to each other: Does this scenario apply to your case?
3. How much paperwork is involved? You can also pay for just documentation preparation services
4. Understanding finance calculations and bank or HDB loans
5. Decide what is the most important criteria for yourself: Is it money or location?
You can download HDB's app too.
Produced by: Ernest Luis and Christopher Lim
Edited by: Adam Azlee
Like, subscribe and rate our Money Hacks podcast on:
Google podcasts: http://str.sg/oeGd
Feedback to: email@example.com
Do note: Any financial or investment information in this podcast is for use in Singapore only and is intended to be for your general information. Any particular investment or decision should only be made after consulting with a fully qualified financial adviser.