Fire involving laptop charger breaks out in Tampines flat

SCDF officers respond to a fire at Block 846, Tampines Street 82, on May 3, 2017.
SCDF officers respond to a fire at Block 846, Tampines Street 82, on May 3, 2017.ST PHOTO: FELINE LIM
An SCDF fire engine at the scene, at Block 846, Tampines Street 82, on May 3, 2017.
An SCDF fire engine at the scene, at Block 846, Tampines Street 82, on May 3, 2017.ST PHOTO: FELINE LIM

SINGAPORE - A fire broke out in a third-storey flat at Block 846, Tampines Street 82 on Wednesday (May 3) evening.

The fire, which broke out at around 8.15pm, involved a laptop charger, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).

It was put out using a single compressed air foam backpack.

There were no injuries reported.

Eyewitnesses said a family of four lives in the flat. A large crowd of onlookers was seen gathered near the surrounding blocks.

SCDF dispatched three fire engines, two fire bikes and a support vehicle to the scene.