Ending a seven-year silence in Mandopop, Jacky Cheung released a single, The Rest Of Life, on Monday. But the rest of his immense catalogue in Mandarin and Cantonese has never gone away, and is always waiting to be rediscovered.
Here are 10 songs to be savoured, as you go back to waiting for his next release.
1. Yi Lu Shang You Ni (You're With Me All The Way)
The 1993 song has recently been sung by Zhang Bichen on The Voice Of China Season 3, in her dramatic K-pop whisper. Cheung's is, more, well, 1990s and better.
2. Ren Zai Yu Zhong (In The Rain)
3. Ai Shi Yong Heng (Love Is Forever)
4. Ren Jian Dao (Road In The Mortal Realm)
5. Ta Lai Ting Wo De Yan Chang Hui (She Came To Listen To My Concert)
A lovely song about growing up with Cheung, written by Singapore's Liang Wern Fook.
6. Nu Ren Xiang (Woman's Fragrance)
A sexy break-up ballad.
7. Qing Wang (Love Net)
Romantic torment is the theme of many Cheung ballads, but Love Net captures the allure, and despair, of loving somebody out of your reach.
8. Jiang Ni Zhi (Telling You)
A rare song with music and lyrics by Cheung. He wrote the piano ballad for his wife, former actress May Lo.
9. Zhi Xiang Yi Sheng Gen Ni Zou (Just Want To Follow You All My Life)
Sing it with Jacky, every word of the cathartic, melodramatic chorus.
10. Wen Bie (Goodbye Kiss)
His greatest hit needs no introduction. Love or hate this song, it has just become the sonic wallpaper of your past.