CANBERRA - The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) on Wednesday (April 20) released a Technical Examination Report which definitively said that debris found in Mozambique came from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
Transport Minister Darren Chester said stenciling of key words and numbers fully matched the font used by the airline, and was not the same one used by the Boeing factory when delivering aircraft, Xinhua news agency reported.
He said this "link" proved that both pieces, one from the horizontal stabiliser and the other from the wing, were from the Boeing 777 which disappeared on March 8, 2014 with 239 people on board, while travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
"I welcome the Technical Examination Report released by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau confirming the debris almost certainly originated from MH370," Mr Chester said in a statement.
"Stenciling on both parts of debris provided investigators with evidence of the link. The font and color of a number stenciled on the first part conforms to that developed and used by Malaysian Airlines.
"The second part contained the words 'No Step' with stenciling consistent with that used by Malaysian Airlines and a fastener attached to the part provided evidence linking the part to the aircraft's production line,'' he said.
The two pieces of debris were found about 220km apart from each other in Mozambique in December last year and February this year, Agence France-Presse reported.
Mr Chester said the search for the missing jetliner would continue in the final 20,000 sq km in the search area.
Last year, a wing part recovered from the Indian Ocean island of Reunion, which neighbours Mauritius, was confirmed as coming from the jet.