SINGAPORE - What will this year's Budget bring?
Follow The Straits Times' live coverage on Monday (Feb 18), as Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat delivers his speech at 3.30pm in Parliament.
There will be real-time updates, live streaming and videos explaining the key announcements.
This year's hot topic is likely to be the Merdeka Generation Package, which was first announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the National Day Rally in August last year.
The Merdeka package is intended to benefit Singaporeans born in the 1950s, along with some of those who did not qualify for the earlier Pioneer Generation Package given in 2014.
Right after the speech, ST columnists Ravi Velloor, Chua Mui Hoong and Salma Khalik will be on Facebook Live to explain how the Budget matters to you.
Look out for a snap analysis by ST associate editor Vikram Khanna, who will help you make sense of the Budget statement.
Here's how ST will be covering the Budget, and how you can get more information:
- Go to www.straitstimes.com for real-time updates
- Watch live streaming of the speech on our website
- Watch videos explaining key announcements
- Read analyses on what the Budget means for you
- Sign up for our Budget e-mail newsletter here
- Visit our Budget microsite
Get ready for Budget day with these Web specials and videos:
- Try being the Finance Minister and manage Singapore's expenses in this game
- Check out an interactive graphic on what the Budget tells us about Singapore's economic transformations
- Read up on commonly used financial terms and acronyms in our guide, Budget A-Z: A guide to tackling Budget jargon