SINGAPORE - The case of the 14-year-old boy accused of murdering his own father has been adjourned to Feb 17 after the police said they needed more time to complete their investigation.
One of his defence lawyers, Mr Shashi Nathan, told The Straits Times that medical, psychiatric and forensic reports linked to the case are also not ready.
With the adjournment, the teenager will remain in remand at a boys' home.
He was not offered bail at the Youth Courts on Wednesday (Jan 6), as he faces a murder charge.
Details about the boy and his family cannot be revealed as those under 18 are covered under the Children and Young Persons Act.
The Singaporean is accused of murdering his 49-year-old father in a condominium unit in Flora Road, near Loyang Avenue, at around 10am on Dec 11 last year.
The man was found injured and motionless. He was taken unconscious to Changi General Hospital, where he later died.
The boy, who was in the same unit, was arrested.
The teenager is represented by lawyers from Withers KhattarWong.
While offenders convicted of murder could receive the death penalty, those below 18 years old do not get the death sentence but may be imprisoned for life.