Food Picks Ep 15 (#StayHome edition): Wildfire Chicken & Burgers returns for delivery and takeaway
Synopsis: Our podcasters from The Straits Times talk about the best eats and drinks, and what you can bring home or get delivered, during this Covid-19 pandemic.
For our #StayHome guide, Ernest Luis co-hosts with Eunice Quek, ST's food correspondent.
They welcome special guest Mr Michel Lu, brand owner of Wildfire Chicken & Burgers - which closed last year at food enclave Global Kitchens at Science Park Drive - on the comeback of his burger joint on June 1 at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
He talks about:
1. How the Wildfire menu has been adapted for delivery with smaller burgers than before, and new additions such as the trendy Basque burnt cheesecake (2:33)
2. Working with a pre-order system (3:08)
3. Food delivery: Is it here to stay? (4:50)
4. How food and beverage competition is set to be islandwide as delivery takes off (7:35)
5. How fine-dining restaurants are also muscling in on the delivery landscape, with a more casual approach and attractive pricing.
What does this mean for Singapore foodies?
More in Eunice's story.
Produced by: Ernest Luis & Eunice Quek
Edited by: Penelope Lee
Follow Food Picks Podcast series and rate us on:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWaa
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/JAJH
Feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org