Trump to keep Starlink at White House despite feud with Musk
Sign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inbox
Last week, US President Donald Trump (left) and Mr Elon Musk exchanged a flurry of insults after the world’s richest man denounced Mr Trump’s tax and spending Bill as a “disgusting abomination”.
PHOTO: AFP
WASHINGTON – US President Donald Trump said on June 9 that he has no plans to discontinue Starlink at the White House but might move his Tesla off-site, following his announcement over the weekend that his relationship with Mr Elon Musk
“I may move the Tesla around a little bit, but I don’t think we’ll be doing that with Starlink. It’s a good service,” Mr Trump told reporters, referring to the satellite internet company that provides high-speed broadband access.
It is a unit of Mr Musk’s SpaceX.
In March, Mr Trump said he had purchased a red Tesla Model S from Mr Musk, the President’s then close ally.
Last week, a White House official said Mr Trump might get rid of it
The Tesla was seen parked at the White House over the weekend.
On June 7, Mr Trump said he had no intention of repairing ties with Mr Musk. On June 9, the President said he would not have a problem if Mr Musk called.
“We had a good relationship, and I just wish him well,” Mr Trump said.
Mr Musk responded with a heart emoji to a video on X showing Mr Trump’s remarks.
Last week, Mr Trump and Mr Musk exchanged a flurry of insults after the world’s richest man denounced Mr Trump’s tax and spending Bill as a “disgusting abomination”.
Mr Musk’s opposition has complicated Republican efforts to pass Mr Trump’s “big, beautiful Bill” in Congress, where the party holds slim majorities in the House of Representatives and Senate.
Since the dispute began on June 5, Mr Musk has deleted some social media posts critical of Mr Trump, including one signalling support for impeaching the President.
Sources close to Mr Musk said his anger has started to subside, and they believe he may want to repair his relationship with Mr Trump. REUTERS


