Adult film actress accuses Donald Trump of offering her $14,000 to come alone to his hotel suite

Jessica Drake looks towards attorney Gloria Allred during a press conference to accuse Donald Trump of previous inappropriate sexual conduct toward her on Oct 22, 2016.
Jessica Drake looks towards attorney Gloria Allred during a press conference to accuse Donald Trump of previous inappropriate sexual conduct toward her on Oct 22, 2016.PHOTO: AFP

WASHINGTON (AFP/WASHINGTON POST) - An adult film actress on Saturday (Oct 22) became the latest woman to accuse billionaire Donald Trump of unwanted sexual advances, saying the Republican presidential candidate offered her US$10,000 (S$13, 900) to come to his hotel room alone.

Ms Jessica Drake is one of at least 11 women to have alleged that the real estate billionaire groped them, made inappropriate remarks or forcibly kissed them.

Speaking during a Los Angeles news conference accompanied by the high-profile discrimination lawyer Gloria Allred, Ms Drake said she met Mr Trump at a golf tournament in Lake Tahoe, California in 2006 while working a booth at the tournament for her employer, Wicked Pictures.

"He flirted with me and invited me to walk along the golf course with him," she said, adding that he asked her to his hotel room. She went along with two other women, Ms Drake said.

Mr Trump, who was wearing pajamas when they entered, "grabbed each of us tightly in a hug and kissed each one of us without asking permission". He also asked what it was like to film pornography, Ms Drake said.

After she returned to her room, Ms Drake said, Mr Trump called her asking her to return to his suite and invited her to a party.

"What do you want? How much?" she said Mr Trump asked her.

After she declined, Ms Drake said, she received another call either from Mr Trump or another man offering US$10,000 and use of Mr Trump's private plane to fly home to Los Angeles if she were to accept.

During Saturday's news conference, Ms Allred - who also represents two other women who accuse Mr Trump of unwanted sexual advances - showed a photograph of Mr Trump and Ms Drake at the golf tournament.


Attorney Gloria Allred holds up a photograph of Ms Jessica Drake and Mr Donald Trump during the press conference. PHOTO: AFP

Mr Trump's campaign denied Ms Drake's allegations.

"This story is totally false and ridiculous," it said in a statement. "Mr Trump does not know this person, does not remember this person and would have no interest in ever knowing her."

 
 

"This is just another attempt by the Clinton campaign to defame a candidate who just today is No. 1 in three different polls," it added of Mr Trump's Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Mr Trump has seen his campaign spiral downwards in recent weeks ahead of the Nov 8 election after a number of women made allegations that he sexually assaulted them - claims he again insisted on Saturday were false.

He also threatened to take legal action against all the "liars" that have claimed to be victims of his sexual assaults.

"The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over," he said during a campaign rally.

The allegations have come on the heels of the release of a 2005 video in which Trump is heard making lewd comments about women to a television talk show host, saying his fame entitles him to grope women.

Ms Drake is the 11th woman to have spoken publicly about unwanted sexual advances from Trump since he insisted he had never engaged in such conduct at the second presidential debate on Oct 9.

He had been asked whether he ever did so after a 2005 video emerged of Mr Trump bragging to "Access Hollywood host" Billy Bush about having groped women.

Mr Trump has denied the claims of the women, accusing them of working in concert with the campaign of Mrs Clinton and the media to hurt him.

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," Mr Trump said at a rally in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on Saturday. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

Though Ms Allred is an outspoken Clinton supporter, Mr Trump has provided no evidence the women have been working with the Democrat's campaign.

Ms Allred, who is representing Ms Drake and two other Trump accusers, sharply rebuked Mr Trump for the lawsuit threat, noting that a lawsuit would open him to countersuits and would require him to testify under oath about his sexual history.

"Mr Trump, your threat is below the dignity of the office that you are seeking," she said.

At the news conference, Ms Drake, which is the actress's stage name, held up the picture of her and Mr Trump from the event and said she had told several friends about the proposition immediately after it occurred. She did not name the friends.

Mr Trump's campaign statement called the picture "one of thousands taken out of respect for people asking to have their picture taken with Mr Trump".

An account published online in 2006 by AVN, a trade publication for the adult film industry, quoted another Wicked Pictures contract actress about having met Mr Trump at a 2006 Lake Tahoe golf tournament and indicated Ms Drake had attended as well.