Power Play Ep 5: Politics now hampering US-China climate cooperation
Synopsis: On the third Friday of every month, The Straits Times examines various facets of the US-China rivalry and its implications for Asia.
Join Charissa Yong and Danson Cheong - ST’s US and China correspondents respectively based in Washington DC and Beijing - as they chat about the following:
1. US' special presidential envoy for climate John Kerry facing icy reception at Tianjin (0:32)
2. China's mistrust due to America over-promising and under-delivering (2:37)
3. Why US-China climate cooperation is like an 'oasis' surrounded by a desert (5:40)
4. Cooperation seems unlikely at the UN COP26 climate summit in November (7:17)
5. China's plans to build another 200 gigawatts of coal power would affect the world's climate efforts severely (8:20)
Follow ST's Power Play articles: https://www.straitstimes.com/tags/st-power-play
Edited by: Dan Koh
Follow our Asian Insider Podcast channel Mondays to Fridays and rate us:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWa8
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/Ju4h
SPH Awedio app: https://www.awedio.sg/
Feedback to: email@example.com
Read Charissa Yong's stories.
Read Danson Cheong's stories.
Follow Danson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dansoncj
Discover the Asian Insider newsletter.
Discover Asian Insider Videos.
Discover more ST podcast series:
Green Pulse Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaf
Health Check Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaN
ST Sports Talk Podcast: https://str.sg/JWRE
Life Weekend Picks Podcast: https://str.sg/JWa2
#PopVultures Podcast: https://str.sg/JWad
Bookmark This! Podcast: https://str.sg/JWas
Lunch With Sumiko Podcast: https://str.sg/J6hQ
Discover BT Podcasts: https://bt.sg/pcPL
Follow our shows then, if you like short, practical podcasts!