PARIS (AFP) - Police took into custody on Saturday (Nov 14) the father and brother of a French gunman linked to a string of deadly Paris attacks and were searching their homes, a source close to the probe told AFP.
The body of the 29-year-old French national was found and identified at the Bataclan music hall where 89 people were shot dead Friday when three gunmen wearing suicide vests opened fire on spectators in the bloodiest of a string of attacks in Paris blamed on Islamists.
France's worst ever attacks killed at least 129 people and left 352 injured, many in critical condition.
Investigators were also searching the homes of friends and relatives of the Frenchman, another source close to the enquiry said.
The father's house is located in the small town of Romilly-sur-Seine, some 130 kilometres east of Paris, while his brother's is south of Paris in the Essonne region.
The brother, who is 34, contacted the police on his own initiative and was then taken into custody.
The Frenchman confirmed as one of the attackers was known to police as being close to radical Islam but had never been linked to a terrorism enquiry, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said earlier on Saturday.
He was identified via a severed fingertip.
Prosecutor Molins said seven gunmen were killed in the attacks, which were the work of three coordinated teams. Six of them blew themselves up while one was shot by police.