PARIS (AFP/REUTERS) - France has banned three Islamic associations that ran a mosque in the Paris area that was shut down following last November's militant attacks on the capital, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said on Wednesday (Jan 13).
"There is no place in the French Republic for groups which incite, and which call for terrorism or call for hate," Mr Cazeneuve said.
He said the groups tied to the Lagny-sur-Marne mosque, where guns, munitions and extremist documents were found, had been dissolved because "their leaders over the last few years had incited hatred and called for jihad".
The mosque at Lagny-sur-Marne was shut down in early December as part of a huge security crackdown after 130 people were killed in a coordinated series of shootings and suicide bombings in Paris on Nov 13.
The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed it carried out the attacks.
The mosque's former president, known for radical sermons, fled to Egypt in 2014 with about 10 worshippers.
The authorities accuse him of playing a role in the indoctrination and recruitment of volunteers for Syria.
Muslim officials have yet to comment on the ban.
Mr Cazeneuve also said that since the start of 2015 he had proposed that about 30 people be expelled from France for inciting hatred.
France, which is in a state of emergency, has clamped down on individuals and places of worship - including "organisations cultuelles" - with links to radical Islam since the November attacks.