The Straits Times Samsung Galaxy S9 After Dark Photo Challenge is coming to its conclusion.
Week 8's location of Little India has plenty of interesting and colourful subjects to photograph. But the area is also vast and diverse, which makes it both easy and difficult to make images.
And so, it is another a big thank you to all who went down to Little India and express their creativity with their entries this week.
But there can only be one winner. And we are pleased to announce that for the Little India challenge, the winner is Susan Lim. We like the kaleidoscopic effect that her photograph of the Sri Srinivasa Permumal Temple exudes.
If you missed the previous challenges, there is still one more chance to win the Samsung Galaxy S9+ (64GB) worth $1,348.
As previously mentioned, each week's challenge is unique. If your photos are good enough, you can win this one last Samsung Galaxy S9+. This is your last chance.
For the final challenge, the location is the Singapore Sports Hub. This includes the area from the National Stadium to the Singapore Indoor Stadium along with the surrounding precincts. Explore this picturesque area at night, and you will be surprised by what you can find to photograph.
Again, there is no restriction on the brand of the smartphone used, except the photo must be taken on a smartphone camera. Please ensure the photo's IPTC data can be read.
Submit your entry via e-mail to email@example.com with the header "ST Samsung S9 After Dark Photo Challenge: Sports Hub", along with your name and mobile number. Please use the same e-mail that you use to log in to The Straits Times when submitting the photo entry.
Deadline of submission for this week's challenge is 2359hr, 17 June 2018.
We will pick the best photo of the week and announce the lucky winner on The Straits Times Tech website (www.straitstimes.com/tech) on 20 June 2018.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This contest is open only to ST subscribers.
2. No montage, composite and overt manipulation of the entry photo is allowed.
3. Basic darkroom techniques such as contrast, dodging and burning using photo-editing apps are allowed.
4. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe on the copyright of any other party.
5. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking the photographs they are submitting.
6. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs they submit.
7. By entering the contest, all entrants grant ST and Samsung the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in print or in any media. No fees will be paid for these uses.
8. The judges' decision is final.
9. By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to all the rules and regulations of this contest.
10. ST reserves the right to cancel this contest or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.