Singapore’s Christian Ho to race for Formula Three team Dams Lucas Oil
Sign up now: Get the biggest sports news in your inbox
Motorsport star Christian Ho, set to be the first Singaporean F3 driver, completes DAMS’ line-up for the season.
PHOTO: DAMS LUCAS OIL
SINGAPORE – Teenage motor racing prospect Christian Ho has secured a seat at Dams Lucas Oil for the upcoming Formula Three season, the French team confirmed on Jan 15.
The 18-year-old, who is set to be the first Singaporean F3 driver, completes Dams’ 2025 line-up, alongside Peruvian Matias Zagazeta, 21, and Italy’s Nicola Lacorte, 17.
The announcement came four months after Formula One-aspirant Ho announced in September that he would be making the step up to F3, which is two rungs below F1 in the International Automobile Federation’s motor racing hierarchy.
F1 talent who have come through the series include new Red Bull driver Liam Lawson and McLaren’s Oscar Piastri, who won the F3 title in 2020.
The F3 season kicks off in Melbourne, Australia, from March 14 to 16 and will see 30 drivers from 10 teams contest a total of 20 races over 10 rounds on the sidelines of F1 grands prix, including those at iconic venues such as Britain’s Silverstone, Monaco’s street circuit and Monza in Italy.
Ho, fresh off the 2024 Eurocup-3 season in which he finished second in the overall drivers’ standings, said he was delighted to be joining Dams – who are making their F3 championship debut.
He added: “I’m proud to be the first F3 driver from Singapore.
“Dams Lucas Oil are a strong team and they have a lot of experience in racing, so I’m excited to be working with them and learning as much as I can.”
As he advances to the next level in his racing career, Ho is eager to swerve past the obstacles.
“It’s the first season racing in F3 for both myself and the team, and there will definitely be challenges or hiccups along the way, but I’m looking forward to it,” said Ho.
“I had a strong season in the Eurocup-3 last year and I hope to continue that form this year. We want to be competitive in the series, which is one of the toughest in the world. So we’re going to keep working hard and keep getting better to deliver the best possible results together.”
Le Mans-based Dams have a longstanding history in motor sports, with 173 victories and 31 titles across 15 different championships in the last three decades.
A regular feature in F2, the main F1 feeder series, they have nurtured numerous F1 drivers, including Frenchman Pierre Gasly of the Alpine and Williams duo Carlos Sainz of Spain and Thailand’s Alexander Albon.
Ho will hope that he is the next in line to make the leap to the pinnacle of motor sports.
Former F1 driver and Dams team owner Charles Pic said: “We’re delighted to have signed Christian, his pace during the test days was impressive and he has a great racing CV. It’s amazing for him to be the first driver from his nation to compete in F3.
“We’re pleased to now have our 2025 line-up confirmed and we’ll continue working hard to be in good shape when we arrive in Melbourne.”
Deepanraj Ganesan is a sports journalist at The Straits Times focusing on football, athletics, combat sports and policy-related news.


