LONDON (REUTERS) - Sauber Formula One driver Pascal Wehrlein has been cleared for next week's Canadian Grand Prix after medical tests following a crash at the Monaco Grand Prix last Sunday.
"Checks all done, see you in Montreal," the 22-year-old German said on Twitter on Thursday.
"Great news! Medical checks done - ready for the #Canadian GP," said the team on their feed.
Wehrlein's car was pitched into the fence and tyre wall at the entrance to the tunnel in Monaco after McLaren's Jenson Button made a highly optimistic attempt to pass on the inside of the corner.
The Sauber ended up on its side with Wehrlein, who missed the first two races of the season due to fractured thoracic vertebrae, trapped inside.
The incident raised concern that he could have hurt his back again.
Wehrlein has scored Sauber's only points of the season so far, finishing eighth at the Spanish Grand Prix.