SINGAPORE - When the Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix takes place this weekend, premium sparkling wine brand Chandon, partner of the McLaren-Honda Formula One team, will be cheering its drivers on from the sidelines in Singapore for the first time.
To celebrate the partnership in Asia, Chandon has created a unique cocktail called "The Jenson" - inspired by the career of McLaren-Honda driver and 2009 world champion Jenson Button.
"The Jenson", was inspired by key milestones of Jenson's illustrious racing career.
The cocktail's creator is Singaporean mixologist Symphony Loo. She made it for Button prior to this weekend's Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix while testing the 36-year-old Briton on how well he remembered his career.
Jenson, who passed the test, said:"I never in the world thought I would have a cocktail named after me.It's just awesome.
"I actually have a pub named after me, a road and a bridge too in my hometown but obviously a drink is much cooler though. I even tried my hand at making the drink the other night in the hotel and it was pretty easy to make, just 15 seconds."
Recipe for "The Jenson":
- 300ml Chandon Brut (Button marks his 300th F1 start next month)
- 16ml Roselle syrup (Button has been in F1 for 16 years)
- 15ml Lillet Blanc (Button has 15 race wins)
- Eight fresh mint leaves (Button has achieved eight pole positions)
- One orange peel flower (Button has one world title)