The authorities are investigating the death of a Bangladeshi construction worker who was killed when an excavator's bucket became dislodged and fell on him.
The accident occurred while Mr Hasan Kazi, 26, was working on the site of Great World MRT station, part of the Thomson-East Coast Line, at around 5.30pm last Saturday. He was taken to Singapore General Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said officers from its Occupational Safety and Health Inspectorate responded immediately and are now investigating the incident.
An MOM spokesman said its preliminary findings indicate the victim was "guiding an excavator within the worksite when the excavator bucket dislodged and hit him".
She added: "The occupier has been instructed to stop the use of excavators at the worksite."
It is not yet known how the excavator bucket came to be dislodged.
A Land Transport Authority (LTA) spokesman said: "The LTA is deeply saddened by the loss of a life. We will work with the contractor to assist the family members of the deceased worker."
The River Valley Green site is run by Tiong Seng Dongah Joint Venture. The joint venture's senior public relations officer Deborah Lim declined to comment on the incident while investigations are ongoing.
The $316 million contract to build the station and its associated tunnels was awarded to the joint venture between Singapore's Tiong Seng Contractors and South Korea's Dongah Geological Engineering in May last year.
Work began at the site in the same month and is slated to be completed by 2021. The Straits Times understands that no stop work order has been issued following the accident but workers were told not to use excavators.
Great World station is part of the third stage of the 43km, 31-station Thomson-East Coast Line, the first three stages of which will run between Woodlands and Gardens by the Bay.
The station was last in the news in June, when piling works at the site damaged a section of NetLink Trust's fibre optic cables, which left more than 500 fibre broadband subscribers without Internet access for up to 12 hours.