SINGAPORE - Several roads near Marina Bay will be closed for hours on Saturday (June 18) to facilitate a rehearsal of the upcoming National Day Parade (NDP) at The Float @ Marina Bay.
Expect traffic delays in Raffles Avenue, Temasek Avenue, Bayfront Avenue, Raffles Boulevard and Republic Boulevard, the Singapore Police Force said in a media release on Wednesday.
People heading to these affected areas are strongly encouraged to use public transport, said the police.
Motorists should plan their route early and avoid these roads.
Those going to Suntec City and Marina Square from Raffles Avenue, Raffles Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue should use alternative routes via Nicoll Highway or Ophir Road leading to Temasek Boulevard, the police added.
Public buses serving the area will be skipping several of their usual stops between 7.30am and 5pm on Saturday. The bus services that will be temporarily diverted are 56, 70M, 75,77, 97,106, 111, 133, 162M, 195, 502, 857, 960 and 960e.
From 7.30am to noon on Saturday, three left lanes of Raffles Avenue in the direction of Stamford Road, between Bayfront Avenue and lamp post 19F, will be closed.
Between noon and 5pm, two left lanes of Raffles Avenue will be closed.
Many other roads and lanes will be closed between 7.30am and 5pm.
- Leftmost lane of Republic Avenue in the direction of Republic Boulevard (between lamp post 23 and Republic Boulevard)
- Republic Boulevard in the direction of Raffles Avenue (between lamp post 5 and Republic Avenue)
- Republic Boulevard in the direction of Raffles Avenue (between Republic Avenue and Raffles Avenue)
- Two right lanes of Raffles Boulevard (between lamp post 20F and Raffles Avenue)
- Raffles Avenue in the direction of Stamford Road (between Republic Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue)
- Two right lanes of Temasek Avenue in the direction of Bayfront Avenue (between lamp post 5 and Bayfront Avenue)
- Temasek Avenue in the direction of Temasek Boulevard (between Raffles Avenue and Raffles Boulevard)
- Bayfront Avenue (between lamp post 35F and Raffles Avenue)
- Slip road leading from Bayfront Avenue into Raffles Avenue
The police said access to the closed roads will be granted only to authorised vehicles, police and emergency vehicles. Auxiliary police officers and marshals from the Singapore Armed Forces will be deployed at the affected junctions to direct motorists.
The police also said it will strictly enforce parking restrictions along the affected roads. Vehicles found parking illegally or causing obstruction will be towed away.
Members of the public with questions can contact the NDP organiser on 1800-637-2022.