SINGAPORE - A brand of baby food which may pose a potential choking hazard to babies and young children has been recalled, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said.
Organix Finger Foods Baby Biscuits can crumble into pieces, which poses a possible choking hazard for babies and young children, authorities in Australia and New Zealand found.
The Food Standards Australia and New Zealand are recalling the Britain-imported food products, which come in creamy vanilla, strawberry, and banana flavours.
AVA said that the importers have withdrawn the implicated products from sale in Singapore as a precaution.
Parents who wish to feed their young children the biscuits should follow the safety advice on the product label, AVA said.
Safety advice on the packaging says that the food is not suitable for children under seven months.
"When feeding a child, please ensure that they are sitting down and supervised to reduce the risk of choking," the advice said.