For subscribers
No need to avoid visiting Wuhan but take precautions amid pneumonia outbreak, say Singapore experts
Sign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inbox

A thermal scanner set up at Changi Airport for incoming Wuhan flights. Travellers have been advised to take precautions, including avoiding contact with live animals and with people who show signs of illness.
PHOTO: ST READER
Follow topic:
SINGAPORE - There is no need to cancel your trip to Wuhan, where a viral disease outbreak has occurred, but do follow the advice from the Ministry of Health and monitor the situation there, said Professor Leo Yee Sin, the executive director of the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID)
As of Friday morning (Jan 3), a total of 44 patients had been hit by the mysterious flu-like virus of "unknown origin", of which 11 were critically ill, according to the latest statement from the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission. It also said that fever was the main symptom, and a few patients had difficulty breathing. All cases have been isolated at Wuhan medical institutions.

