Although the incident happened two years ago, not a day passes when Madam Zhang Aiyan does not cry over the loss of her 15-year-old son.
Tan Yao Bin died in November 2016 after he was fatally electrocuted while showering at home.
When The Straits Times visited her home in Bukit Batok yesterday, Madam Zhang, a kindergarten assistant, could not bring herself to talk about the youngest of her three sons and cried at the mention of his name.
Her eldest son, Mr Tan Qi Wei, 23, said that his brother's death was still something that his mother cried about daily.
He said that three days following his brother's death, the family rewired the whole house and replaced its circuit breaker. The State Coroner had found that a faulty plug and failed circuit breaker caused Yao Bin's fatal electrocution.
Mr Tan, currently an undergraduate, said that he hopes his brother's death can serve as a reminder to home owners about the importance of checking the circuit breaker every month.
His family, he added, had checked theirs only twice a year.
Said Mr Tan: "I hope that if anything comes out of this incident, it is that home owners can be reminded of the responsibility they have."