SINGAPORE - A fire broke out at a Thomson Road condominium on Wednesday (May 11) night but no one was injured.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that they received a call about a fire at the condominium at about 7.50pm.
The fire involved an air-conditioning unit inside the bedroom of a second-floor apartment. It was extinguished by the SCDF using one water jet.
Resident Vera Sng told The Straits Times that the fire alarm at Thomson 800 went off at about 8pm, while she was having dinner with her family.
At first, they thought it was just a drill, but they soon began to smell "burning rubber".
The 19-year-old student, who lives on the fifth floor, then looked out the window and saw a fire engine and other emergency vehicles parked downstairs.
Ms Sng said that her family and their neighbours evacuated themselves.
"Many residents came down on their own," she said. "I also heard that this is the second time this unit has caught fire."
The SCDF sent one fire engine, two Red Rhinos, one support vehicle and one ambulance to fight the fire.