SINGAPORE - A fire broke out on Sunday (Feb 14) at a restaurant in Little India that had been open for only a week or so, a report said.
At about 1.10pm, smoke poured from the second floor of the unit at 14 Cuff Road, causing more than 10 diners to flee, a witness told Shin Min Daily News.
The Straits Times understands the restaurant that caught fire was the Chennai Marina Cafe.
The fire likely started at the kitchen ducting, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said. It was extinguished by SCDF using one water jet.
About 10 people evacuated the premises by themselves before SCDF arrived, it said.
Another witness said that the Indian restaurant had just opened, and was operating for about a week.
Two fire engines, one red rhino, an ambulance and a support vehicle were activated.
No ambulance assistance was required, SCDF said.