1. Jothi Store and Flower Shop
1 Campbell Lane
Opened in 1960 as a small shop selling sundry goods, Jothi Store and Flower Shop now operates out of a five-storey building to provide cultural and everyday items to the community, including floral garlands to fulfil the needs of those heading to nearby Hindu temple for prayers.
2. Ani Mani
73 Serangoon Road
Gold and jewellery shop Ani Mani opened in 1948 to provide the community with traditional jewellery like the thali, or wedding pendant. Their customers also buy gold jewellery for other purposes such as investment, religious ceremonies or for family heirlooms.
3. Thandapani Co
124 Dunlop Street
Opened in the 1960s , Thandapani Co offers spice grinding and provides custom blends of Indian spices to customers. Other than serving individuals, the store sells spices to restaurants and chains.
4. SIS Premium Meats
20 Buffalo Road
Meat supplier SIS Premium Meats started out as a mutton stall in the old Tekka Market in 1953, and then expanded into wholesale distribution to other wet markets and restaurants. The company's scope has since expanded to include chicken and seafood.
5. Haniffa Textiles
60 Serangoon Road
Haniffa Textiles started out as a small roadside stall along Campbell Lane in 1962, and sold lighter Japan-made nylex saris for everyday use in its early days, but brought in fancier saris as preferences and spending habits of local Indian women changed.
6. Ananda Bhavan
58 Serangoon Road
One of the oldest Indian vegetarian restaurants in Singapore, Ananda Bhavan was set up in 1924, serving affordable meals for labourers. Now, the shop has opened more outlets and offers vegan-friendly and fusion dishes.
7. Komala Vilas
76-78 Serangoon Road
Opened in 1947, Komala Vilas offers Indian vegetarian food and was the first restaurant in Little India to offer air-conditioned dining on the second floor in the 1950s. The restaurant also expanded their menu and included a Punjabi dish, Bhatura, in the 1970s.
8. The Banana Leaf Apolo
48 Serangoon Road
The Banana Leaf Apolo is well-known for upholding the tradition of serving food on banana leaves since it was opened in 1974. The restaurant is also known for its fish head curry, and now has four other outlets.