Ex-HDB director accused of taking image of man's buttocks while in Safra locker room

SINGAPORE - A former director with the Housing Board was in court on Wednesday (June 9) for allegedly having intimate images of men taken in different places including a Safra locker room.

Leo Norman Chee Wei Kiong, 59, faces 14 charges for various offences including being a public nuisance.

According to court documents, the Singaporean was caught at the NTUC FairPrice supermarket located at Block 71 Kallang Bahru on Oct 28 last year while in possession of a video of an unknown man's bare genital region.

The court heard that Chee’s mobile phone is said to have contained 146 obscene films that day.

It also emerged that he had allegedly committed public nuisance on multiple occasions at Safra locker rooms between 2012 and 2018.

Chee is accused of capturing images of men in various stages of undress - with most clad in only their underwear. 

He allegedly caught an image of a man’s bare buttocks on two occasions. 

In December 2012, Chee is said to have captured five images of a man which showed the latter’s genitals.

It was not mentioned which Safra buildings the locker rooms were located in. Court documents also do not state if the images were photographs or video clips.

Chee is also accused of making obscene films showing naked men on three occasions between 2017 and 2019.

He allegedly committed these offences at the Martin Place Residences condominium in Martin Place near River Valley Road and in a male locker room of Safra Mount Faber in Telok Blangah Way.

The Straits Times understands that Chee had voluntarily resigned from his position at HDB, where he was a housing finance director.

In a statement on Wednesday, HDB said it had been informed of the charges brought against its former employee, which it added are not related to his work.

"We are unable to comment further as the case is before the court," it added.

Chee's case has been adjourned to June 30. 

For each charge of being a public nuisance, an offender can be jailed for up to three months and fined up to $2,000.