SINGAPORE - A 22-year-old man was arrested by police for posting a threat on social media to bomb City Hall.
The Singapore Police Force (SPF) said in a press release on Thursday (Jan 21) that a report had been made on Jan 14 at around 12.36pm about the online post.
Officers from Bedok division immediately commenced investigations to establish the identity of the poster, SPF said.
The man was arrested shortly after the report was made.
It is believed that the suspect had posted the comments as a hoax, and police investigations are ongoing.
SPF said it takes a serious view against such irresponsible behaviour which creates unnecessary public alarm.
Anyone convicted for an offence of a Breach of the Prohibition Against False Threats of Terrorist Acts can be fined a maximum of $100,000 and/or jailed up five years.