• Order only what you can eat. Start with less food on the table and order more later, if you need to.
• Come back another day to try other dishes instead of trying everything on your first visit.
• Ask for advice. Consult the server on portion sizes to determine how much to order.
• Downsize your order. If you intend to eat less, ask for a smaller portion.
• Swap sides. If a dish contains something you don't eat, request for a replacement when ordering.
• Share dishes. Offer a portion to your dining partners before you start eating.
• Don't rush to order more. It takes 15-20 minutes after eating to start feeling full.
• Appreciate the effort that goes into producing your food by finishing everything on your plate.
• Give your feedback to the restaurant so that they can improve the dish and avoid future wastage.
SOURCE: NATIONAL ENVIRONMENT AGENCY