SINGAPORE - Ten of the 18 community tribute centres that were set up islandwide to allow people to pay their respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew will operate round the clock from Wednesday to Sunday.
Up to 9pm on Wednesday, about 220,000 people have visited the community sites, which opened in batches in the last three days.
They continue to draw a steady stream of visitors despite thousands thronging Parliament House, where Mr Lee lies in state, to bid him farewell.
The centres will be live telecasting the state funeral of Singapore's first prime minister, 91, who died on Monday after being hospitalised on Feb 5 with severe pneumonia.
They will close at the end of the state funeral, which will be held at the National University of Singapore's University Cultural Centre on Sunday at 2pm.
This will be followed by a private cremation service at Mandai Crematorium.
The 10 centres that will be operating for 24 hours are:
1. Tanjong Pagar Community Club, 101 Cantonment Road.
2. Hong Lim Park, next to Telok Ayer Hong Lim Green Community Centre, 20 Upper Pickering Street.
3. Open space @ Bedok Town Centre, in front of 209 New Upper Changi Road, Singapore 460209. The space is outside the Sheng Siong supermarket.
4. Tampines Community Plaza, 10 Tampines Central 1. This is in front of Tampines One Mall.
5. Kovan Hub, 206 Hougang Street 21. This is near the Heartland Mall.
6. Ang Mo Kio Central Stage @ Ang Mo Kio Town Centre. The stage is between Block 712 and Block 709, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8.
7. Hardcourt at Block 749, Yishun Street 72.
8. Woodlands Civic Centre open space, 900 South Woodlands Drive.
9. Hardcourt opposite Choa Chu Kang MRT station, Choa Chu Kang Loop.
10. Canopy (the Pavilion between JCube shopping centre and Jurong Regional Library), Jurong East Central 1.