Polling stations will be open from 8am to 8pm on Polling Day tomorrow. Voters should avoid going to their polling station during the morning peak period, as they may have to wait longer to cast their votes. After polling closes at 8pm, no ballot papers will be issued. The Elections Department reminds voters to:
• Go to the polling station stated in their poll card. Voters can vote only at the polling station stated in their poll card.
• Take along their original identity card - or passport - and their poll card to the polling station.
• Mark their choice clearly with a cross ("X") in the space provided on the right-hand side of the ballot paper, opposite the name/names of the candidate or group of candidates.
• Fold their ballot paper inwards to conceal their vote and drop the folded ballot paper into the ballot box, before leaving the polling station.
No camera, video or photographic equipment may be taken into the polling station. Mobile phones should also not be used in the polling station.
Police advise voters to take public transport or walk to their polling stations where possible.
Parking will not be allowed on the premises of polling stations located in schools and community centres. Parking spaces immediately facing polling stations at HDB void decks will also be closed. There will be special drop-off points for vehicles conveying elderly or physically disabled people.
Police say bags will be subject to security checks, and advise voters not to take along items such as sharp objects, bulky items or big bags. The public is advised not to loiter around polling stations.
Connaught Drive, between Stamford Road and Fullerton Road, will be closed to traffic from 10pm tomorrow to 6am on Saturday to facilitate the transfer of ballot boxes to the Supreme Court vault.
• More on what to do or not do on Polling Day can be found at www.eld.gov.sg/voters_dosdonts.html