Traditional egg nog, which is usually made with milk, cream, raw eggs, spices, and booze, is given a twist at Regent Singapore's Manhattan bar.
Called The Tavern, it is made with dark rum, hazelnut liqueur, cinnamon syrup, lemon juice and a whole raw egg. Wow your guests with this luxe version of egg nog this Yuletide season.
45ml Plantation Original Dark Rum, or any dark rum
20ml Luxardo Angioletto, or any hazelnut liqueur
10ml cinnamon syrup
20ml lemon juice
1 fresh egg
Ground cinnamon to serve
1. Chill a glass with ice.
2. Into a cocktail shaker, pour the dark rum, hazelnut liqueur, cinnamon syrup and lemon juice.
3. Crack in a fresh egg.
4. Add some ice cubes, cover the shaker, and shake well.
5. Discard the ice in the glass.
6. Strain the cocktail as it is being poured into the glass.
7. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon to serve.