LONDON - British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, 26, is engaged to his long-time friend Cherry Seaborn, 25, he announced on Instagram last Saturday (Jan 20).
The two began dating in 2015. Last year, a bicycle accident left him with a broken wrist, elbow and rib and he credited her with nursing him back to health, The Guardian said.
He told the Capital Breakfast radio show that she "had to brush my teeth", and said that she is a "good woman".
Here are five things about her.
1. She first met him when she was 10 and he was 11. They were pupils at the same school in Suffolk, England. According to Daily Mail Online, they were close friends and "some said that Ed had a crush on Cherry - although she had a boyfriend".
2. She is a keen hockey player. After finishing a degree in molecular biology at Durham University in England, she studied management at Duke University in the United States, which allowed her to pursue her passion for hockey as part of the university's prestigious Blue Devils team, the Mail said.
3. She worked in the Wall Street financial district of New York before transferring back to England. She was still in the US when Sheeran visited in 2015 and the two reconnected, the Mail said.
4. She now works as a senior consultant in risk advisory for the global accounting firm Deloitte in London, according to the Mail.
5. She is from a creative family. Her father, Matthew, is an architect and her brother, Charlie, is in the same business as Sheeran. He is a composer for film and theatre.