Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard fires agent after sexual abuse allegations surface

Finn Wolfhard from the cast of Stranger Thing during a Netflix Red Carpet event in Mexico City, on Aug 2, 2017.
Finn Wolfhard from the cast of Stranger Thing during a Netflix Red Carpet event in Mexico City, on Aug 2, 2017.PHOTO: AFP

Finn Wolfhard, the 14-year-old star of horror flick It and Netflix hit Stranger Things, has fired his agent Tyler Grasham, trade magazine The Hollywood Reporter said.

This has come after actor-film-maker Blaise Godbe Lipman posted a lengthy Facebook post alleging sexual misconduct by Mr Grasham, who works for management agency APA.

Mr Grasham is currently on leave from the company, after being accused of sexual assault and inappropriate behaviour with young aspiring male actors.

A spokesman from the company told The Hollywood Reporter: "APA takes these allegations extremely seriously and is investigating this matter," adding that any further information was confidential.

Lipman had spoken out against Mr Grasham as part of the #MeToo social media campaign that has been rallying support for victims of sexual assault and harassment in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

In his Facebook post on Oct 16, Lipman wrote of an unnamed agent who got him drunk when he was 17, during a meeting to discuss working together.

He added that the said agent was still working at APA and taking advantage of young boys.

A second post the next day revealed the agent's identity as Grasham.

Lipman wrote that he had received a Facebook "poke" from Mr Grasham although they were not friends on Facebook nor have they spoken in over a decade.

"Was his poke passive agressive? An abuser making himself known, a quiet threat? An admission of guilt with a smirky, 'just try me'?"

He added that he found it hard to believe that the company were unaware of Mr Grasham's "predatory behaviour".

After his allegations, more men revealed their own stories. Film and TV editor Lucas Ozarowski, 27, was one of those who told The Hollywood Reporter that Mr Grasham sexually assaulted him at his home in January last year.

"Although his power in this biz is no where near Weinstein level, the collective power of agents is massive," wrote Mr Lipman.

"I hope the light that's shed by the newly empowered victims who are coming forward, makes predators think twice. Change is slow but I hope this is a big jump start."

The Hollywood Reporter also said that, according to sources, APA has hired an investigator to look into the claims and that Mr Grasham has deleted his Facebook account and set his Instagram to private.