BT Money Hacks Ep 89: Key investment themes to act on in 2021
Synopsis: Updated fortnightly on Mondays, The Business Times breaks down useful financial tips.
This week's episode looks at investment themes retail investors can act on in 2021 and beyond. It is brought to you by Fidelity International.
BT's digital editor Chris Lim hosts Paras Anand, Fidelity's Asia-Pacific chief investment officer, who explains the following:
1. Differences in Asian economic strategy when compared with countries in the West (1:00)
2. What concrete steps can retail investors take to act on this outlook? (1:51)
3. With relatively low yields, and arguably overpriced equities especially in the US, should retail investors wait for the market to cool or avoid timing the market and risk missing out on a recovery year? (5:23)
4. What are three key investment considerations for retail investors in this 'new normal' Covid-19 era? (7:30)
5. Beware of false diversification (8:59)
Find out more about Fidelity International
Produced by: Chris Lim and Ernest Luis
Edited by: Adam Azlee
Follow BT Money Hacks podcasts fortnightly on Mondays and rate us on:
Apple Podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeXe
Google podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeGP
Feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do note: Any financial or investment information in this podcast is for use in Singapore only and is intended to be for your general information. Any particular investment or decision should only be made after consulting with a fully qualified financial adviser.