SAINT-DENIS DE LA REUNION (AFP) - The hunt for more wreckage from the missing MH370 resumed on France's Reunion island in the Indian Ocean on Sunday after being suspended since Friday, local officials said.
A search plane circled overhead and foot patrols combed the eastern coastline of the island, resuming a hunt that had been suspended on Friday evening.
"Navy units and police will be mobilised only if debris is found at sea," the local government office said in a statement.
A ship used for the search on Friday was forced to turn back due to rough weather.
A wing part was found on the island in late July and confirmed by the Malaysian prime minister to be part of the Boeing 777 which went missing on March 8, 2014 with 239 people onboard.
The search party is using a small military transport plane for the hunt, and also has three police and navy helicopters and three boats at their disposal.
The plane searched a 5,300 square-kilometre zone of the coastal region and sea east of the island on Friday.
Searches are also being carried out on the nearby island of Mauritius.