AYER HITAM (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A group of 30 tourists from China escaped unhurt after a fire erupted and completely destroyed the bus they were travelling in on the North-South Expressway.
Fire and Rescue Department operations commander Ramli Said said a team was sent to the scene near here after they received a distress call at 5.06pm on Tuesday (Nov 29).
"The flames had already engulfed the bus when the team arrived.
"Fortunately, the driver, the tour guide and 30 passengers, all from mainland China, managed to escape unharmed," he said in a statement.
The passengers and their guide were transferred to another tour bus.