The Singapore government said on Thursday that it has so far not received any report of Singaporeans who have sustained heavy injuries from a series of explosions at a warehouse in China's port city of Tianjin.
"Late last night, our Embassy in Beijing activated its warden system in Tianjin to ascertain the safety of 79 registered Singaporeans near the incident area, including those working at the Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City, which is located 16km away from the blast site," said a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
"As of 1000 hours (Thursday), we have managed to contact almost all the registered Singaporeans.
"Thus far, we have not received any reports of Singaporeans who have sustained heavy injuries from the blast. We express our deepest condolences to the families of the victims, and wish the injured a full and speedy recovery," the statement said.
The Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City Investment and Development Co., Ltd confirmed that all its employees are accounted for.
"One employee sustained minor injuries and has been treated," it added.
The Eco-City's office buildings, located 16km away from the incident site, sustained superficial damages.
It said company operations are as per normal.
MFA said it will remain in close contact with the Tianjin authorities until all registered Singaporeans are accounted for and will render consular assistance to the affected Singaporeans, it added.
Singaporeans in Tianjin may wish to contact the Singapore Embassy in Beijing at +86-1391 0755 251 or firstname.lastname@example.org to update their current whereabouts or seek consular assistance.
Alternatively, they may contact the 24-hour MFA Duty Office at +65 6379 8800 / 8855 or email@example.com."
The explosions killed at least 44 people and injured more than 600, China's state media reported on Thursday, as witnesses described a fireball from the blasts ripping through the night sky.
Chinese President Xi Jinping had urged "all-out efforts to rescue victims and extinguish the fire".