1. The Bank of Japan has kept its monetary stimulus unchanged , with central bank governor Haruhiko Kuroda still sure that corporate capital spending, which is vital to growth, will pick up, Reuters said.
2. Gold rose from a five-year low amid speculation that investors have already factored in a likely interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve next month. Gold rose 0.5 per cent to US$1,075.66 an ounce.
3. Oil traders are preparing for another price slide by March next year as the unusually warm winter dents demand, just as Iran's resurgent exports hit world markets after sanctions end, Reuters said.
4. SGX's 10 largest information technology stocks are worth $6.9 billion. The total return for the year is a 6.1 per cent fall. The best five stocks are iFast, Chuan Hup, Venture, GP Industries and UMS Holdings.
5. First Reit is acquiring a stake in a hospital and mall in Kupang in Indonesia for $70 million.The acquisition will lift First Reit's asset base by 6.84 per cent to $1.25 billion.