Friday, Dec 26, 2014Friday, Dec 26, 2014

News

 

At least 45 dead in suspected Boko Haram attack in restive north-east Nigeria

Published on Jan 28, 2014 1:13 AM
 

KANO, NIGERIA (AFP) - At least 45 people were killed in a suspected Boko Haram attack on a market in restive north-east Nigeria, police said on Monday, warning the death toll could rise.

"So far, we have 45 dead and 26 injured... but the figures could increase as our men are still in the village searching for more casualties," Borno state police commissioner Lawan Tanko told AFP.