1. Data showing that United States payrolls rose by only 142,000 jobs last month has cast fresh doubts on whether the economy is strong enough for the US Federal Reserve to raise interest rates by the year's end, Reuters said.
2. Investor Jim Rogers says that a rebound in crude oil prices may be around the corner given that the commodity is holding at about US$45 a barrel, Bloomberg reported.
3. DBS Bank has won the award of "Most Innovative Investment Bank from Asia-Pacific" at The Banker Investment Banking Awards in London.
4. GIC, Mitsui & Co and a Canadian pension fund have expressed interest to buy a small stake in Glencore's agriculture business, Bloomberg reported.
5. Sinocloud will not buy 45.95 per cent of China Satellite Mobile Communications after a deal deadline lapsed.