SINGAPORE - Shoppers at Orchard Road panicked after a Christmas tree along Orchard Road went up in flames at around 9pm on Wednesday (Dec 2).
But the fire was soon put out by security guards and no injuries were reported.
Ms Wu Ning Li, 30, was walking towards Paragon shopping centre when she caught sight of the flames outside the Abercrombie and Fitch store at Knightsbridge mall.
"I saw something very bright and thought it was a performance, like a fire show. Then I realised it was a fire, and it was getting bigger and bigger," said the public relations officer.
She quickly took a video and ran away from the fire, before calling the police at 9.06pm.
Ms Wu said that within minutes the fire was extinguished and only black smoke could be seen.
"Luckily nothing else caught fire," she said.https://twitter.com/DarrenGradon/status/672039769094750208
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) confirmed that it had received a call at 9.06pm and dispatched a fire engine and a red rhino to the scene.
When they arrived, the fire had already been extinguished by security guards from the Knightsbridge mall.
The SCDF said no one was injured.