SINGAPORE - A fire broke out at a McDonald's outlet in Bedok on Wednesday (Sept 27) night, with a restaurant manager evacuating customers and staff.
The police told The Straits Times on Thursday that they were alerted to a case of mischief at the location at 6.25pm on Wednesday.
ST understands that the fire was in the toilet.
A spokesman for McDonald's told ST that its restaurant manager evacuated all customers and crew from the premises once aware of the fire, and alerted the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).
SCDF told ST that it dispatched two fire engines, a Red Rhino and an ambulance to the scene.
The fire was extinguished using a dry powder extinguisher, and no injuries were reported, SCDF said.
The restaurant resumed operations at 1.05am on Thursday.
Videos of the outlet at Block 539, Bedok North Street 3, were posted on social media, showing smoke emanating from inside the restaurant and onlookers gathering.
The spokesman for McDonald's said the safety of its customers and crew are its utmost priority.
It added that the incident is currently under investigation by SCDF and no further details can be shared until investigations are complete.
Police investigations are also ongoing.