SIA Engineering Company incorporates joint venture with Boeing

SIA Engineering Company will hold a 49 per cent stake in Boeing Asia Pacific Aviation Services, with the aircraft managed holding the other 51 per cent.
SIA Engineering Company will hold a 49 per cent stake in Boeing Asia Pacific Aviation Services, with the aircraft managed holding the other 51 per cent.PHOTO: ST FILE

SINGAPORE - SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) has incorporated a joint venture company with American aerospace giant Boeing to provide fleet management services.

SIAEC holds a 49 per cent stake in the company, named Boeing Asia Pacific Aviation Services, while Boeing holds the remaining 51 per cent.

The joint venture company will provide engineering, materials management and fleet support solutions for Boeing 737, 747, 777 and 787 aircraft to customers in Asia Pacific and beyond.

The joint venture will position SIAEC to develop the fleet management business for Boeing aircraft types, and the opportunity to grow its maintenance, repair, and operations business over the longer term, the company said in an exchange filing yesterday.

The move will also help the companies involved serve their customers in the region more effectively, SIAEC said.

SIAEC now has a portfolio of 27 joint ventures across nine countries.

chiaym@sph.com.sg