White powder at US university causes minor symptoms

PROVIDENCE - An envelope containing a white powder has brought the Providence Fire Department hazardous materials equipment and US Postal Inspection Police to the Brown Graduate Center, US media reported.

A Brown graduate student opened an envelope that contained the power, which caused nine people to exhibit minor symptoms such as watering eyes and runny noses, WPRI 12 reported.

The Providence Fire Department is testing the substance and the nine people were being decontaminated before being taken to the hospital.

Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.