Mass drone attack kills two, injures 16 in Ukraine’s Dnipro, governor says

Sign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inbox

Three children, aged 11 and six years old and nine months old, were among the injured in the attack, which killed two women.

Three children, who were nine months old, six years old and 11 years old, were among the injured in the attack, which killed two women.

SCREENSHOT: X

Follow topic:

- A Russian mass drone attack killed two people and injured 16 on the evening of April 16 in the south-eastern Ukrainian city of Dnipro, the regional governor said.

Mr Serhiy Lysak, governor of Dnipropetrovsk region, wrote on the Telegram messaging app that a young woman and an elderly woman had been killed.

Three children, who were nine months old, six years old and 11 years old, were among the injured. Five people were being treated in hospital.

Mr Lysak said the attack triggered several fires, damaging private homes and an educational institution.

Dnipro Mayor Borys Filatov, also writing on Telegram, said one strike came within 100m of the municipal offices.

Public broadcaster Suspilne posted pictures of a large blaze and firefighters at the scene. REUTERS

See more on