LONDON (AFP) - British budget airline Easyjet on Tuesday announced it had cancelled all flights to and from the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh until next year over security doubts raised by the Oct 31 downing of a Russian jet.
"You will be aware that over the last few weeks, there have been significant issues associated with flying to and from Sharm el-Sheikh," the airline said in a statement.
"We can now confirm we will be cancelling all flights to and from Sharm el-Sheikh until 6 January," it said.
It had already cancelled all outgoing flights up to Nov 25, but has been shipping holidaymakers back from the resort.
Britain temporarily suspended flights to the Red Sea resort, a popular destination for British tourists, immediately after the Russian plane went down on Oct 31 in the Sinai Peninsula, killing all 224 people on board.
Russia last week confirmed that a bomb brought down the plane and on Wednesday the extremist Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) said it had smuggled an explosive on board at Sharm el-Sheikh airport.
British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said the attack raised doubts of "the capability of the security on the ground" at the airport.
The government is advising against all but essential travel by air to or from Sharm el-Sheikh.
Easyjet operates flights from four British airports and an Italian airport to Sharm el-Sheikh.