JOHANNESBURG (AFP) - Duduzane Zuma, the son of South Africa's former president Jacob Zuma, appeared in court on Thursday (July 12) on culpable homicide charges over a fatal late-night car crash in 2014.
Duduzane, 34, is accused of causing the death of Ms Phumzile Dube after his Porsche hit a minibus taxi that she was travelling in.
State prosecutors also say a second woman died three months later from injuries suffered in the crash, which occurred in the upmarket business district of Sandton in Johannesburg.
National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesman Phindi Mjonondwane said the state had applied for a postponement which was granted on Thursday.
"The state has had to place the charges formally against Mr Zuma today," she said after the case was postponed to August 23.
The NPA had previously decided not to charge him before reversing its decision.
Duduzane Zuma also appeared before a separate court on Monday (July 9) where he was charged with corruption linked to his father's government, and released on bail.
On Thursday, he arrived at the court after the case to lend support to his son and the pair left together.
Mr Jacob Zuma currently has five wives and at least 20 children.