The Straits Times Samsung Galaxy S9 After Dark Photo Challenge is left with two weeks to its conclusion, with the closing of Week 7's challenge at Chinatown.
The Straits Times Tech is pleased to announce that Mr Shiv Kumar Iyer is the winner of Week 7's Chinatown challenge.
His dramatic, moody shot captures a side of Chinatown less often seen. We love the composition and mood of this photo, with the line of lanterns leading the viewer into the picture and the sunset in the background.
As always, a big thank you to all who submitted their entries this week. For those who want another shot at the contest, there are still a number of chances left.
The challenge will run for two more weeks. This leaves only two Samsung Galaxy S9+ (64GB) smartphones worth $1,348 each left to be won.
As each week's challenge is unique, you you can try as many times as you want. If your photos are good enough, you stand to win another Samsung Galaxy S9+ smartphone, even if you have won it previously.
Week 8's challenge takes place in Little India. There a tons of nook and crannies to explore and get creative shots of, from the iconic Tekka Centre to the brightly-coloured walls all over the area, to the heritage buildings along Jalan Besar.
There is no restriction on the brand of the smartphone used, except that the photo must be taken with a smartphone camera. Please ensure the photo's IPTC data can be read.
Submit your entry via e-mail to email@example.com with the header "ST Samsung S9 After Dark Photo Challenge: Little India", along with your name and mobile number. Please use the same e-mail that you use to log in to The Straits Times when submitting the photo entry.
The deadline of submission for this week's challenge is June 10, Sunday, at 11.59pm.
We will pick the best photo of the week and announce the next winner on The Straits Time Tech website (www.straitstimes.com/tech) on June 13.
As usual, we will also release the location of the next challenge at the same time.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This contest is open only to ST subscribers.
2. No montage, composite and overt manipulation of the entry photo is allowed.
3. Basic darkroom techniques such as contrast, dodging and burning using photo-editing apps are allowed.
4. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe on the copyright of any other party.
5. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking the photographs they are submitting.
6. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs they submit.
7. By entering the contest, all entrants grant ST and Samsung the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in print or in any media. No fees will be paid for these uses.
8. The judges' decision is final.
9. By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to all the rules and regulations of this contest.
10. ST reserves the right to cancel this contest or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.