The Straits Times Samsung Galaxy S9 After Dark Photo Challenge is almost reaching its conclusion, with the closing of Week 6's challenge at Geylang Serai.
The Straits Times Tech is pleased to announce that Mr David Ng is the winner of the Geylang Serai challenge.
His dazzling, colourful shot of an indoor stall at the Geylang Serai bazaar captures the buzz and excitement of the area. The composition is particularly alluring, with an almost perfect alignment of the crowd framed by the silhouette on the left and the couple reaching for the lights on the right.
As always, a big thank you to all who submitted their entries this week. For those who want another shot at the contest, there are still a number of chances left.
The challenge will run for three more weeks, which leaves three remaining Samsung Galaxy S9+ (64GB) smartphones worth $1,348 each to be won.
And you can try as many times as you want, as each week's challenge is unique. You can win another Samsung Galaxy S9+ smartphone, even if you have won it previously, as long as your photos are good enough.
Week 7's challenge takes us to Chinatown, with its distinctive streets, filled with overhanging lanterns and bustling streetside stalls, that offer unique street photography opportunities.
Alternatively, you might like to hone in on specific details in the locale: the architecture, the flats, the people, or stalls that catch your fancy.
There is no restriction on the brand of the smartphone used, except the photo must be taken with a smartphone camera. Please ensure the photo's IPTC data can be read.
Submit your entry via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header "ST Samsung S9 After Dark Photo Challenge: Chinatown", along with your name and mobile number. Please use the same e-mail that you use to log in to The Straits Times when submitting the photo entry.
The deadline of submission for this week's challenge is June 3, Sunday, at 11.59pm.
We will pick the best photo of the week and announce the next winner on The Straits Time Tech website (www.straitstimes.com/tech) on June 6.
As usual, we will also release the location of the next challenge at the same time.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This contest is open only to ST subscribers.
2. No montage, composite and overt manipulation of the entry photo is allowed.
3. Basic darkroom techniques such as contrast, dodging and burning using photo-editing apps are allowed.
4. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe on the copyright of any other party.
5. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking the photographs they are submitting.
6. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs they submit.
7. By entering the contest, all entrants grant ST and Samsung the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in print or in any media. No fees will be paid for these uses.
8. The judges' decision is final.
9. By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to all the rules and regulations of this contest.
10. ST reserves the right to cancel this contest or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.